"There were 5 exabytes of information created between the dawn of
civilization through 2003, but that much information is now created
every two days.”
- Eric Schmidt (Executive Chairman at Google)
The future of the workforce is driven by skills and an unwavering will to explore new possibilities. As organizations continue to consciously move towards a technology-driven future, Business Analysis can be found at the forefront leading this change. On the other hand, the staggering number of job opportunities is a clear indication of the acute skill gap that exists in the domain. It is imperative that professionals across all experience life cycles must engage in upskilling activities to ensure they can obtain the maximum benefit of the available opportunities.
The Executive Certificate Programme in Business Analytics from SPJIMR provides a first-of-its-kind initiative, this learning experience will bring working professionals an unparalleled and flexible learning experience. Designed with extensive LIVE online classes, it comprehensively covers Statistical Modeling, Business Analytics, Visualization, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning to aid learners to become data-proficient future leaders.
ACCELERATE YOUR GROWTH BY BECOMING A DATA-SAVVY STRATEGIST
TRANSLATE DATA INTO BUSINESS ACUMEN
APPLY ANALYTICS IN THE CONTEXT OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, MACHINE LEARNING, AND BIG DATA
DRIVE DATA-DRIVEN STRATEGIES ACROSS REAL-WORLD BUSINESS SCENARIOS
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
This high-impact programme offers a keen focus on developing the ability to gain insights from descriptive and predictive analytics in sync with business strategies. Build your capability in data analytics, business intelligence tools and their real-world applications across multiple domains, to gain effective data-driven problem-solving skills.
The programme is beneficial for:
- Early to mid-level professionals interested in building a strong foundation in modern business practices using advanced analytical approach.
- Senior managers and consultants who have an analytical mindset and want to advance their data analytics skills for effective business decision-making.
- Entrepreneurs keen to revitalise their business offerings by aligning customer insights towards enhancing their products and services.
THE PROGRAMME AT A GLANCE
The Executive Certificate Programme in Business Analytics provides a comprehensive overview of the applications of data analytics. This executive programme has an immersive pedagogy that is interactive and leverages technology in a judicious blend of lectures, real-world case studies, quizzes, assignments and a project.
8 Months Programme
Learn From Leading SPJIMR Faculty and Industry Experts
Gain Industry-Ready Business Analytics Skills Based on Data-Driven Insights
8 Industry-Oriented Modules With a Hands-on Project
Experience Live Online Learning Without Taking a Career Break
Gain Actionable Insights From Real-World Case Studies Across Business Domains
Receive an SPJIMR Certificate of Completion
Expand Your Professional Network With Experienced Peers and Alumni
Be Eligible for the SPJIMR Executive Alumni Status
- Introduction to Business Intelligence & Analytics
- Evolution of Business Analytics
- Emergence of Business Analytics as a Competitive Strategy
- Data Lifecycle & Data Collection Methods
- Introduction to Big Data
- Sources of Data
- Building a Data Strategy to Create business value
- Tools R - (Basics, Advantages & Limitations)
- Advance Probability and Probability Models
- Central Tendency & Dispersion
- Data Types & Structure, Variables & Distribution
- Bayes Theorem
- Central Limit Theorem & Confidence Interva
- Hypothesis Testing
- Linear Regression
- Importance of Self Service Analytics
- The Art & Science behind EDA
- Graphical Techniques (Plots, Charts, Ratios)
- Tool: Visualization using Tableau
- Storytelling using data
- Crafting visual stories with data
- Understanding the story components, story teller and audience
- Introduction to Business Data Mining
- Tool: R
- Regression: Linear & Multivariate
- Association (Market Basket Analysis)
- Dimensionality Reduction
- Time Series Forecasting
- Causal forecasting
- Recommendation Systems
- Introduction to Text Analytics & Natural Language Processing
- Applications of NLP in Business
- Interpretation of Text Analytics reports
- Financial Analytics
- Digital Media Analytics
- Customer & Marketing Analytics
- Operations & SCM Analytics
- Introduction to AI & ML
- Business Application of AI & ML
- Introduction to Deep Learning
- Business application of Deep Learning Course Wrap-up
Module 1- Foundation of Business Analytics
Module 2- Descriptive Analytics & Statistical Inference
Module 3- Diagnostic Analytics – Exploratory data analysis (EDA)
Module 4- Predictive & Prescriptive Analytics
Module 5 - Text Analytics
Module 6- Functional Application of Analytics
Module 7- AI & ML
- The programme includes a mandatory project where you will gain hands-on knowledge and skills within the framework of a real-world business challenge. This project will help you advance your business analytics capability under the guidance of the programme faculty and industry experts.
Note: Modules/ topics are indicative only, and the suggested time and sequence may be dropped/ modified/ adapted to fit the participant profile & programme hours.
HOW ARE DECISION-MAKERS AROUND THE WORLD CURRENTLY USING DATA AND ANALYTICS?
Driving process and cost-efficiency at a strategic level
Managing risks and improving operational productivity
Developing customer-centric products/ services
Customer acquisition, retention and engagement
Monitoring the industry players & managing a competitive edge
Source: MicroStrategy's 2020 Global State of Enterprise Analytics
Dr. Aditi S. Divatia
Information Management & Analytics &
Deputy Programme Chairperson - PGDM
- PhD, BITS Pilani
- Master in Computer Applications (MCA),
- B.sc (Maths), M.S.University of Baroda
Areas of Competence and Interest
- Business Analytics, Business Intelligence
- Big Data, Data Management, Enterprise
- Architecture, TOGAF, Business Process Analysis
- Business Analytics
- Data Exploration & Visualization
- Big Data Analytics
- Management Information Systems
- Enterprise Architecture & TOGAF
- Strategic Business Process Analysis
- Business Analysis and Modeling
- Systems Design and Object Oriented Analysis
- IT in Business
- Database Management Systems
- Data Structures & Algorithms
Dr. Sheila Roy
Operations Supply Chain Management & Quantitative Methods
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, PhD, 2010 - 2015
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, PGDBM, Business Management, June 1997 - February 1999
- Jadavpur University, Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, June 1990 - May 1994
Areas of Research Interests
- E-business and Digital Supply Chain
- Data-driven Decision Making with Behavioural/Transaction Data
- How Entrepreneurs can leverage E-commerce platforms such as Shopify or Amazon/other E-tailers to scale their business
- E-business Logistics and Fulfillment (focussed on Operations and Supply Chain in E-Commerce)
- E-Commerce (Focussed on Advertising, Product Management and Category Management)
- Marketing Analytics
- Quantitative Methods
Dr. Ashutosh Jha
Information Management & Analytics
Associate Head - Office of Research & Innovation
- Ashutosh Jha is a faculty in the Information Management area at SPJIMR. He completed his Ph.D from the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta in the Management Information Systems Group. Prior to his PhD, he had served in the IT/ITES sector for six years under various capacities. He has also completed his B.E. (Hons.) from BITS-Pilani, Goa Campus in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE).
- His research interest includes Adoption and Diffusion of Mobile Innovations, Techno-Economics of4G/5G Networks, Radio Spectrum Management, E-Governance, ICTs for Development and Information Systems Ethics.
- His research publications have appeared in various journals including Information Systems Frontiers, Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Applied Economics Letters, IIMB Management Review, and Decision. His research has also been published as various conference proceedings including International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS), International Association for Management of Technology (IAMOT), and IEEE, among others. He has also written various case-studies indexed in the IIM Calcutta Case Research Center (IIMCCRC) database.
He has received the following best paper awards and nominations:
- 13th International Conference on Digital Society and eGovernments (ICDS 2019). Athens, Greece (won the best paper award).
- 51st Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS 2018) (nominated for the best paper award).
Dr. Sunil Lakdawala
Education: Graduate Studies
- Ph.D. from Yale University, U.S.A. and Post Graduate from I.I.T., Mumbai
- Over 20 years of experience
- Training in Database, Data Warehousing, Data Analysis (Machine Learning / Data Mining, Business Forecasting, OLAP), and Business Statistics.
- Approved PhD. thesis supervisor of Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
- Visiting professor at SPJIMR for more than 20 years
- Initiated Management Development Program for working executives
- Over 20 years of experience in IT
- Setting up and managing a large software product group as a profit centre, with 120+ Marketing Executives, Project Managers, Software Engineers and Quality Managers.
- Setting up and managing a Quality practice group with 10+ quality executives
- Managing Projects with varied technology (Internet, Client-Server, Main Frame), customers (USA, Europe [UK, Germany], Middle-east, Asia (India, Malaysia)], and methodology
- Involved in all phases of the software development life cycle
Dr. Anil Vishnu Vaidya
Information Management & Analytics
Education: Graduate Studies
- Doctor of Business Administration, 2006 - 2011
- University of Bradford, School of Management, Bradford, UK
- Dissertation - The implications of organizational context for Information Systems and Technology strategy formulation: A study of socio-political factors in global corporations
MBA – Master of Business Administration, 1980 –
University of Akron, Akron, Ohio, USA
B.Sc. (Tech) – Bachelor of Science (Technology),
1972 - 1975
University of Mumbai, Mumbai, India
- B.Sc. - Bachelor of Science, 1968-72< br/>University of Mumbai, India
- LLB – Bachelor of Law, 2013 – 2016< br/>University of Mumbai, Mumbai, India
- PG Program in Cyber Law, 2012-2013< br/>Advanced level course in cyber law, conducted by Asian School of Cyber Laws, Pune, India.
B. Sc. – Bachelor of Science, 1968 – 1972
University of Mumbai, Mumbai, India
- B. Sc. – Bachelor of Science, 1968 – 1972
Globally recognised certifications
ITIL – IT Service Management (ITSM) Foundation
CISM – Certified Information Security Manager,
CISA – Certified Information Systems Auditor,
- ITIL – IT Service Management (ITSM) Foundation
In an incredibly data-driven world, where digital disruption can
weaken even the best-known brands, are you ready to accelerate
growth for yourself and your organisation by being data-savvy?
With this certificate programme from SPJIMR, you will be able to drive real-time business decisions based on data and advance your ability to:
- Transform data into business insights with various analytical tools and techniques.
- Solve complex problems by applying analytics to business contexts like OSCM, digital marketing, finance etc.
- Learn through various tools like Excel, Python Programming and Tableau.
- Analyse data, recognise patterns and monitor trends in real-time.
- Identify and describe complex business problems in terms of analytical model.
- Demonstrate data-driven intelligent decision-making in structured or unstructured and ambiguous situations.
- Build and enhance business analytics capabilities by adapting the appropriate technology and software solutions.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, while understanding their application to strengthen data-driven decision-making.
Participants are expected to attend all sessions of a given
course. However, participants may take leave on account of
emergencies, subject to the approval of the Programme
However, 75% minimum attendance requirement would be considered for the final grading. For less than 75% attendance, grade cut as per the norms will be applied. Participants will receive a certificate of participation 'Certificate of Successful Completion. Following criteria needs to be fulfilled -
- Each participant is expected to have 75% & above attendance for the successful completion certificate.
- No “Fail” in any assessments
- Capstone project completion
If the student doesn’t fulfil any of the above criteria, then he/she will be given “Certificate of Participation” from SPJIMR
Quiz after every 1 or 2 module together- 4 to 5 quizzes and capstone project, hands-on class exercises using tools.
The participant is required to score minimum marks/grades as decided by the Institute from time to time to complete the course.
- THE 8 MONTHS PROGRAMME INCLUDES
- 2 DAYS OF INTENSIVE LEARNING WITH 6 SESSIONS AT THE SPJIMR CAMPUS MUMBAI
- CERTIFICATION AT THE SPJIMR CAMPUS MUMBAI
Learn through individual assignments and or group projects (pre-reads, preparation for class participation, concepts explained, application and learning through the case and discussion-led methods).
The Programme will culminate with a Capstone Project which will integrate all the learnings through application in a real life case scenario.
SPJIMR EXECUTIVE ALUMNI BENEFITS
The participants who will complete the programme successfully will be eligible for the Executive Education Alumni status of SPJIMR. They will be required to apply separately along with the necessary fee to register their name. Current alumni membership plans are as follows: A one-time nominal fee of INR 5000/- + 18% GST for joining the Executive Alumni Portal. Benefits available to Executive Education Alumni:
- A lifetime 'Executive Alumni Status' from SPJIMR.
- Access to the Executive Alumni Portal.
- Invitation to SPJIMR webinars and business conclaves (T&C apply).
- Access to SPJIMR library on campus (browsing only).
- Access to alumni discounts on Management
- Development Programmes.
- Access to Campus updates.
- Access to SPJIMR Merchandise.
CLASS SCHEDULE & DELIVERY
Courses will be delivered through on-line mode using an appropriate technology Synchronized platform. Lectures will be delivered through broadband based technology involving two-way audio and video communication. Sessions will be held once in a week, generally on weekends. Participants can attend sessions directly from their desktop/laptop (Direct-2-device). Participants will be provided reading materials etc. for each course. They may also interact with the concerned faculty through e-mails chat mode.
The timing of the sessions:
Saturday, First session : 10:00 AM to 11:10 PM
Saturday, Second session : 11:15 PM to 12.:25 PM
Saturday, Third Session : 12.30 PM to 1.40 PM
The time gap between two consecutive sessions is to give the participants a break. On some days, the classes may extend beyond the mentioned time. In addition to attending interactive sessions, participants have to undertake online quizzes, assignments, and examinations.
On successful completion of the programme, you will receive a Certificate of Completion from SPJIMR, upon meeting the evaluation criteria and maintaining a minimum attendance of 75%. The programme evaluation criteria includes a project along with regular quizzes, assignments, and online exams,conducted at the discretion of the faculty.
Note: All certificate images are for illustrative purposes only and may be subject to change at the discretion of SPJIMR.
Learn At Your Own Pace
|Commitment fee||Commitment Fee (within 7 days from the date of offer letter sent)||Rs.10,000|
|Programme Fee (1st Instalment)||Payable at the time of admission after Commitment fee (excluding GST)||Rs.49,500|
|Programme Fee (2nd Instalment)||Payable within 60 days of programme commencement (excluding GST)||Rs.42,500|
|Programme Fee (3rd Instalment)||Payable within 120 days of Programme commencement (excluding GST)||Rs.38,000|
|Total Fee (Exclusive of Application Fee & GST)||Rs.1,40,000|
* Boarding & Loading would be separate.
- For Previous Organisation(s): Relieving letters
- For Current Organisation: Bonafide Certificate from the HR department on company letterhead.
Graduation and Post-Graduation Education
- Marksheet – Individual or consolidated (all semesters)
- Passing Certificate – If Any
Diploma/ Degree/ Doctorate Certificate
- Any Government-issued photo ID like PAN Card/ AADHAAR Card, Driving License/ Passport, etc.
This programme includes live online classes. To attend a live online class you will need to have a PC/ Laptop/ Mac with:
- Speakers and microphone: built-in or a USB plug-in or
- Webcam: built-in or USB plug-in Processor: with Dual Core 2Ghz or higher (i3/ i5/ i7 or AMD equivalent)
- RAM: 4 GB or higher
- OS: Either MacOS 10.7 or higher OR Windows 8 or higher
- An internet connection: Minimum bandwidth of 3.0 Mbps (up/ down)
- Browser: IE 11+, Edge 12+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+ Zoom software client installed on your PC/ Laptop/ Mac
We use the Zoom software application to conduct live online classes. Zoom works on a variety of PCs/ Laptops/ Mac systems and also on phones and tablets.
You can join your live online class from a phone or tablet if it supports the Zoom client.
We recommend that you attend classes from a PCs/ Laptops/ Mac.
Consult Our Academic Advisor
SPJIMR is a leading school of management in the heart of India’s financial centre, Mumbai. SPJIMR is a part of the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan and functions as an autonomous institute with entrepreneurial agility. It consistently ranks amongst the top ten management institutes in India.
Inaugurated in 1981 by the then British Prime Minister, the Late Hon. Margaret Thatcher, SPJIMR’s mission is to Influence Practice and Promote Value-based Growth. It builds on this mission through pedagogic innovations and pioneering programmes, carving a distinctive path in management education. SPJIMR has acquired the reputation of meeting the societal needs of under-managed sectors by offering unique, purposeful and relevant initiatives.
SPJIMR is featured among the top 50 business schools in the 2021 Financial Times Masters in Management (MiM) global rankings for a second consecutive year. The Institute is one of only three Indian schools and the only private Indian school of management to feature in the FT MiM top 50 ranks for 2021.
Ranking in top magazines 2022, SPJIMR Ranks #1 Top Private Indian B-School and #5 Top Indian B-School (Overall) by Business Today. The Week has ranked SPJIMR #5 all India (overall) and #2 among private schools. Fortune India has ranked SPJIMR as the #1 private B-school in India, and #8 overall. #4 Rank in MBAUniverse.com Rankings 2023.